Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hospitals are terrible to people, and why is Taye Diggs on this crap?

I don't have much to say about Private Practice this week. The show is well cast, but terribly written and even more terribly acted. I do not understand why anyone in the world thought it was a good idea to give Kate Walsh her own spin off, and then cast better people than her in it. Between Amy, Taye and Superman/Doctor Tim Daly they are just all bigger, better names then she is, and it really points out how terrible an actress she is.

Also, the plot this week, I mean, I am glad that Addison ended up being right, but why the made up rivalry between her and her friend, and, does Addison like Taye? I can't tell. Also, she acted like a crazy woman with people not RSVP'ing to her party. I have had new years party's and cook outs, I have used evite, and people are just being lazy. I am also getting married next year to McFiance, and I presume that some people will not RSVP and still come, there is no need to just go off on people about it. What a nut job. Speaking of Nut Jobs, her patient wasn't crazy, had a real disease, and now, can get better and have her baby, sweet.

Pushing Daises
continues to be the most interesting show on television, however, the narration and constant going over about how Ned's power works is getting a tad old. We get it, Touch Them Once....Alive. Touch Them Twice.... Dead Forever. I did LOVE the firefly parts at the beginning that showed him experimenting and getting down exactly how his power works, that was pretty cool shit.

Now, onto KID NATION, which, what a great show. I love little kids doing fake shots, and having fake elections, and actually being destructive toward one another. Tonight, with the fake elections, Taylor, the child beauty queen, who's parents honestly have to be CRINGING at home everytime she says "deal with it" was the least pleased with elections, and almost pulled them off, almost. She actually said during the show that "Love me or Hate me I don't back down from a fight." I do not believe that to be true, I think that if someone actually got in her face about anything, she would absolutely back down.

By a vote of 5-4 she was evicted (sorry, wrong show) she was voted off the counsel, and replaced by Zach. More surprising than Zach's close win, was Michael's blow out loss. The poor kid, whom I admit I don't like very much, only got one vote! He is a bit bossy, but, at least he worked hard, unlike Princess Taylor. If there is a single person on reality television that has a greater capacity than Taylor to grow up to be a real life Meredith Grey, I have yet to see her. Moral of the story, if any of you out there actually liked Taylor, she's gone, DEAL WITH IT!

Oddly, given the choice between a BBQ and Meat, vs Dental Care products, the town counsel took Dental Care. I mean, if you're out there for a year, I can see wanting toothpaste, but hell, they are only gone 40 days, TOPS, and you already gave up pizza for the betterment of all, so, for once, take the meat! Then, no more chickens have to die!

Finally, Bionic Woman was also on last night. This show is great. I have a lot of friends who disagree with that statement, but I like it quite a bit. Last night, Jamie started the show be running, very ALIAS like down a dark alley, to find her sister making out with a boy in the back seat of a car with a boy, whom apparently thought she was 18, when she really is 15 in show years. (Who hasn't made that mistake? right guys?)

Honestly though, this is my problem with television shows, none of them since Once and Again have actually cast real teenagers in real parts of the same age. Lucy Hale, who plays the part is really 18 in actual life, so, I mean, she COULD pass. Isaiah Washington was a total bad ass this episode, not as cool as Katee Sackhoff, but cool. Also, why in the world is the Bionic Woman afraid of anything? Even flying? I mean shit. She is tough as hell.

In the ratings round up of all of these new shows, Private Practice lost 8% of its audience, thank god, now just 92% more. Sadly, Bionic Woman also lost 10% of those who watched the week before. Pushing Daises remained even, THANK GOD, and Kid Nation gained 14% from the week before, there will SO be a season 2 of this show.

And, finally, Grey's is on tonight, but, I again have obligations, so, the McBitchy tally count will have to come a bit late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

STFU !! Kate Walsh is a bigger, better name than the rest of the PrP cast & is the main reason people are watching. The whole show has been marketed on her star power alone.

Ratings are steady & it's winning the demo each week. Clearly you're in a minority, so I suggest you switch it off if you clearly hate it !