Tuesday, October 23, 2007

When there is no cheerleader, I don't know what to do.

So, I don't know what to think about Heroes this year. The pacing has been slow, and I talked to a friend about this, who, apparently enjoys a good slow pace, but still, it is maddening to me. They are introducing new characters, all with connections to old ones, and, in doing so, they are certainly making things interesting, but, still, I am a bit maddened.

For instance, is there really a disease Mohinder is fighting? If so, why no mention in three weeks?
What the hell is Matt's Dad's power? Mind reading? Mind attack? Mind Manipulation?
Where the hell was Claire at last night? I actually like her and West's storyline quite a bit, even though HRG is freaking me out a bit.

Here is the problem with all the new characters, in bringing them out, we do not have near enough time or space to actually get anywhere with the old ones. Even more than last year, more and more characters are taking entire weeks off, and while that is fine every now and then, especially in a show with SUCH a huge cast, it bothers me a bit in this one.

Having said that, bring on Kristen Bell. She plays Elle, aka Electrogirl, and looks awesome, if not a little crazy/neurotic. She's a new character I can live with.

In other show news, Chuck was again Chuck, and is funny, but I cannot see it going anywhere. Sadly, I already grow weary of it, and, people are somewhat agreeing with me as it lost 12% of its audience from last week, without baseball being on.

Journeyman, on the other hand, is actually getting better, with more ties to the lead characters father being introduced, and, the new aspect of physicist who seems to know a lot more about the time travel than anyone, I actually am becoming intrigued by this show. Sadly, it lost 11% of its audience from last week, so, that is scaring me.

Samantha Who? is going to be a good show, if they stick to the pilot formula a bit more. I want to see longer flashbacks of Bad Samantha, and hope we see less of the fish out of water stuff we saw this week, and more of the her adjusted, but remembering how terrible she was, that would be great. Samantha lost a scant 5% of households, but gained in the key demographic, so, I am hopeful for a full season.

Starting a week from Sunday? THE AMAZING RACE comes back to the airwaves. Be ready for this, the greatest reality competition series, EVER! McFiance and I actually tried out for this show once, and sadly, didn't even get called back. Maybe someday!

No comments: