Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Monday Round Up, or How Christina Applegate can play the most likeable bitch....ever

Well folks, we have a new good show on the television, and its Samantha Who?

It is good for a whole host of reasons. First, it has a lead character who used to be a terrible human being (unlike Grey's, whose titular character is still a terrible human being). Second, it utilizes flashbacks in a constructive way to push forward the narrative of the story. Much like season one of Veronica Mars did so well. It was just interesting to watch how nervous everyone was around Samantha, at least right away, so I want to see more, just to see if that keeps up, if she will regress, if she will be better, and what not. I hope she does not stay with her parents long, if anything, I want to see more Barry Watson, whom does not have enough work since 7th Heaven ended, and What About Brian was canceled. (Side note, remember the first 8 episodes of what about brian? They were amazing, its a shame that show went to shit shortly thereafter).

It also had a very very good debut in the ratings, with a 10.2/15 rating, despite going up against Heroes. Christina Applegate really is good in everything she is in, and the cast, well, just watch it next week, its great.

Speaking of... Heroes was great last night. I am actually starting to like West, our junior flying man, quite a bit. I loved a lot of Micah last night, and whoa, Monica Dawson, his cousin, great. I love when we get powers that get very little attention in comic books, but are still cool nonetheless. Photographic Reflexes, what an interesting power. I hope they find really great ways to use it. Sylar was back last night, apparently accepting the fact that he cannot access his powers, and going on the journey with the wonder twins, who still can kill people.

Journeyman held solid in the ratings with a great episode last night, but nothing, nothing prepared me for the awesomeness of CHUCK last night. Not only did it have a hefty ratings increase, but the show is funny, AND good. I hope they bring on more team ups with the shady DEA agent, cause that, would be fun. I also find myself thinking "I wonder if the CIA and FBI really hate each other this much?" with every episode.

No comments: