Thursday, October 25, 2007

I don't do that stuff, but my best friend has Gonorrhea AND is pregnant!

Before I begin, I should note, and McFiance would agree, that I am the worst speller ever, yet somehow I spelled Gonorrhea correctly in the title, the first time. I don't know what this says about me, and the generation in which I grew up.....anyway.......

I cannot properly put into words just how terrible Private Practice truly is, and how it makes no sense from any practical level, at all. Sadly, it got a full season order this past week, which means we have it polluting our airwaves until at least May, 2008. If a presidential candidate would campaign on dropping this piece of turd off of ABC, he or she would get my vote in the Iowa caucuses, I swear.

Last night, as with every week, a big emergency popped up, and, so, everyone involved had to LEAVE their private practices, and go to the HOSPITALS where the real doctors with real coats actually work.

That terrible plot device aside, I was sort of taken aback by the gimmicky "young boy does Paps" gag, which, it is an office, why the slapstick. Also, the dialog is so stilted, and awkward at times. I like shows that have natural awkwardness, like The Office, but this show, GOD, terrible. Pushing Daisies, however, continues to please, and last nice, poor Olive, poor poor Olive, did right in the end, and still didn't get her piemaker. The piemaker loves Chuck, Chuck perhaps, loves the piemaker, and no one, no one is left to love Olive. I hope Chuck at least makes efforts to unite Olive and the piemaker, after all, Olive is showing a lot of compassion, despite how it was initially poorly placed to Chuck's aunts.

This show has such an interesting concept, and, while I worry of it tiring if Chuck and the piemaker can never touch, it is, so far, the best new thing on tv. At least, that is the story so far....

Kid Nation is good stuff. The kids are about half way through their time in Bonanza City, and, so far, only a few have dropped out. I do not get Taylor, at all. I mean, I know she is getting a terrible edit, but still, even bad edit complaints aside, she looks SO bad. I realize 11 year olds don't have a concept as to how bratty they will look on television, but, man, you'd think a beauty queen, who doesn't do dishes, would.

I also found it interesting to see Guylan start to fold under the yolk of leadership. It didn't take long for him to realize why Mike yelled so much, after all, his team, barely listens.

Finally, Bionic Woman was also on last night, and, sadly, I am starting to see what the critics see, and can, perhaps, start to call this show bad. The concept is great, but, I don't know, I feel like Chuck is more Alias like than Bionic Woman is, and, I was sort of pissed that they went to the whole "fake a british accent from a british actress" so early in the show. I get it, its cute, she REALLY is english, so she's been faking american this whole time. But, awful. Isaiah Washington at least brings some measure of good acting to the show.

This show needs more Starbuck, otherwise, it will blow.

Ratings Round Up: Pushing Daises, sadly, lost almost 14% in the key demo, while, in that same demo, Bionic Woman only lost 2.94%. Private Practice, which is terrible, gained 2.27% in the ratings, and Kid Nation, amazingly enough, went up 8.33% in the key demo. There will be a Kid Nation 2 folks, the ratings are too damn good.


The Amazing Race is back a week from Sunday. I am giddy!

No comments: